Job interviews are crucial for both hiring managers and candidates on Jobstreet Singapore. As an interviewer, it is also essential to ask the right questions to determine if the candidate is ideal for the company.
However, interviewers should avoid asking standard questions as it is predictable and boring. Candidates might even already come up with answers to your set of questions. Instead of generic questions, you can try asking the different types of interview questions:
Asking these types of questions gives the candidates the opportunity to talk about their career goals and what they want in a job.
Examples of a motivational interview question include:
- How would you describe your ideal job and company?
- How will you decide if more than a company offers you a job?
- What kind of work would make you eager to get out of bed on a Monday morning?
If you want an idea of how a candidate will deal with a challenge, ask emotional intelligence interview questions. You can usually understand a person’s personality with their answer to these questions.
Some examples include:
- How do you deal with different personalities in the workplace?
- How do you cope with criticism?
- How do you pick out for a friend for his birthday?
Situational and behavioural
You want a candidate that is capable of dealing with emergencies and keep a level head at stressful times. Ask situational and behavioural interview questions to understand how a candidate works through specific situations.
- If you become our CEO, what’s the first thing you would do?
- Describe a time when you weren’t satisfied with your work and why?
- Tell me about a time you were the hero in the office.
It is crucial for hiring managers to hire candidates with the proper skills to get the job done. Ask these questions to determine their skill set.
- How would you improve our company website?
- What do you hope the achieve after getting the job?
- Where do you think the company will be after 5 years?
Asking these types of questions will help you further understand a candidate. It will also give a positive candidate experience.
Visit https://www.jobstreet.com.sg/en/cms/employer/ to start hiring now.